View Single Post
Old 29.10.2020, 11:40

Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
TheComic is considered knowledgeableTheComic is considered knowledgeableTheComic is considered knowledgeable
Re: Hauswart closing communal laundry room

I think best would be to contact the Vermieter (Landlord) or the Verwaltung (Management of the House / Apartments) and tell them about the situation.

But it would be a good strategy to express your understanding about the hassle which the Hauswart experiences. As others pointed out, it's really a no-win situation for her :/ With expressing your understanding, there might be a positive change in the short run.

But for the long run, I would move. If possible, to a flat with your own washing machine.

I really understand her, people leaving the communal washing room with a mess is a widespread problem and really annoying. But just closing it down and acting as a control freak is not the solution and as you said, childish.

Quote:
Also, I understand the 22:00 to 6:00 rule, but weekends are forbidden too.
This do not make any sense, as the laundry room is in the basement right under the service toilet of the restaurant on the ground floor.
That's unusual, it's common to forbid washing on Sundays, but not the whole weekend. And in this situation, if no neighbours are disturbed, I would say even sunday would be fine.

Last edited by TheComic; 29.10.2020 at 13:11.
The following 4 users would like to thank TheComic for this useful post: