Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 29.10.2020, 11:35
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 32 Times in 32 Posts
Thanked 3,366 Times in 1,561 Posts
Axa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
Humans are social animals, virtually all Covid measures that have been incorporated so far rely on isolating us. This is the likely reason why suicides have increased. Or have I misunderstood your question?
It was an attempt at black humor. It's curious that the demographic more resistant to the virus (young people) is the most vulnerable to suicide (also young people). I'm not from the UK but a man under 45YO, so I'm joking again about being part of the risk population for suicide, anyone else?

Covid measures mean isolation? It depends. It isolates people that fails at personal relationships and relies on a group to feel good: sports fans, going to church or concerts, the guys who go the same bar but never talk about anything meaningful. Yes those things are not recommended or restricted today, but they were not substitutes of meaningful relationships with other individuals AKA friendship. Friends can still visit and talk to each other. Last April I was surprised how my neighbors shared a coffee or beers from the balcony. Once I saw this I invited some friends to have a beer outside and shout to each other (5-6 meters apart ) during the spring. It was nice. If one has friends, they're there for you and you for them. I don't have many friends around here so that's why not many people come home, but that's not a public policy issue. What I'm sure is that I won't fool myself into believing the people in the bar/church or other people wearing the same team t-shirt are friends.
This user would like to thank Axa for this useful post: