View Single Post
Old 29.10.2020, 16:43
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
startg has no particular reputation at present
Quote:
View Post
Nope, my point is more about being flexible and working within the given circumstances.

Because unless you have voting rights, come till election time there's no changing the government. You may try to change the governments mind, but they look out for the interests of all parties, not just for you.
I'm generally happy with the Swiss government, they aren't perfect, how could any government be so? - but as for many expats in Switzerland, they're so many times better than my country of birth that it's embarrassing. And in this case they've done what I hoped for, so I certainly can't complain.

Quote:
View Post
I agree that you are probably safer in Tenerife than here at the mo. My comment was made after a UK friend sent me photos shared by her best friend on return from Greece last week. They were assured that the airport and location would be totally safe- and they were. After the hols, they got back to a massively busy airport, massive queues, no social distancing possible in high heat- and a plane full to the rafters too. That for me is the dangerous part, not the location in itself. Kids had to return straight to schoo, and they straight to work- last Monday.

The situation is getting really serious all over the EU, and people from high risk countries, like indeed Switzerland, are all flocking to the few locations still open to them - put everyone at risk.

I'm not going to the 'Rife' - the island I go to has about 60 active cases. The airport is more spacious (per head) than either of the Tenerife airports. My plan is to surf (not much virus out there), do yoga, fast, sunbathe, swim and mainly eat in, I normally eat in restaurants but my understanding is that masks are a requirement even outdoors, so s*d that. Very dull really, but the idea is to return fit, lighter, brown and loaded up with Vitamin D and good spirits to get through what looks to be an unpleasant winter ahead. Not interested in partying drunkenly and sharing bodily fluids with all and sundry, I'm a bit old for that.

I'm far, far more likely to catch Covid here than there, and the journey will be masked up with constant handwashing/disinfection.

Last edited by roegner; 05.11.2020 at 11:32. Reason: Merging consecutive posts