View Single Post
Old 30.10.2020, 15:03
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
magyir has a reputation beyond reputemagyir has a reputation beyond reputemagyir has a reputation beyond reputemagyir has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swisscom & UPC Internet Access

Quote:
View Post
I plan to move-in with my Partner at the end of November. There is already Swisscom Internet access within her apartment. I have informed UPC of my requirement to cancel my contract, but UPC told me that on the contract I have with them there is a minimum requirement of 12 months to run. To avoid paying the CHF500 for the year, is it possible to run both Swisscom and UPC Internet within the same apartment.

Or any other ideas welcome.
They're just telling you what you signed up for contractually, not providing legal advice. I'm sure you can read your contract yourself too

Contractual freedom is a major tenet of Swiss law. Just provide them the usual notice period by registered post, given that you are moving, and why you don't require UPC services at your new address. They will then usually need to justify any damages you owe for early termination (if any). (There are templates on comparis.ch/ktipp.ch you can adapt).

Hopefully they will respond with "Kulanz" given the circumstances. Make sure you let them know you're moving for love, it might help Best of luck.