View Single Post
Old 30.10.2020, 15:11

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Trixe has no particular reputation at present
What the frick am I missing about Die Post's package delivery policy?

Hi guys.

So I was waiting for a 12kg parcel on Wednesday to be delivered via Die Post. As I knew he would, the postman simply left a notice of "parcel on hold", without actually attempting to DELIVER it. It's so hard to do your job these days.

I call the customer center, tell the nice lady on the line that I don't have a car at the moment, the closest postal office is 3 miles away and I'm not exactly willing to carry a 12kg package through the busy public transport, plus the distance between my house and the bus station.

The lady assures me not to worry and expect a second delivery attempt today.
It was 1PM and nobody rang at the door. I go check the mailbox and lo and behold, I see a notice of "attempted delivery".

People, am I asking for the stars here? The postman literally only has to make 10 steps between the sidewalk and my door.
Which is what makes this situation kinda infuriating and incomprehensible.

What is their policy with regards to parcel distribution? The customer service lady didn't warn me about surpassing a certain weight limit.

Do YOUR packages get delivered to your door or you just always receive notices of them being on hold? This is honestly disappointing from a "Swiss standards" point of view.