View Single Post
Old 30.10.2020, 15:12
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
magyir has a reputation beyond reputemagyir has a reputation beyond reputemagyir has a reputation beyond reputemagyir has a reputation beyond repute
Re: High charge of kitchen sink drain

Quote:
View Post
My kitchen sink had a drain issue, the plumbers we know were busy so I called another one and he came quickly.

The whole process took around 30~40 min, and in the end the plumber said the price is 776Fr, which surprised me. I'd done this before and the price is usually between 150~250Fr, and sometimes it took longer (e.g. 90~120min) than this time.

What's the regular price of unclogging a kitchen sink in Switzerland?
Depends on the circumstances:
-was it an emergency? (you really couldn't wait)
-does the fee include a callout rate?
-are they charging additional fees for the journey, use of the van, and spare parts used during the work
-is there a supplemental charge if it was also during evenings/weekends on top of the above (in other words if it's not an emergency, don't get charged for emergency rates)
-are they charging a particularly high hourly rate?

All should be detailed on the invoice.

In conclusion if you asked for an emergency unclogging of a kitchen sink rate comparison, then that's not really comparable to a "regular" unclogging where waiting was an option.

(As posted, you chose not to wait for your regular plumber to become available).
The following 3 users would like to thank magyir for this useful post: