Thread: Ask a Scientist
View Single Post
Old 01.11.2020, 00:58
Forum Legend

Groaned at 247 Times in 173 Posts
Thanked 8,913 Times in 3,368 Posts
Pancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ask a Scientist

Quote:
View Post
...you didn't get what I was meaning about transfer of information...when photon is shut in space is hitting in his way a mole of hydrogen, that mole have an electron floating around, when that photon hit the electron, electron emit an photon encrypted with info from precedent photon and that is repeated many times until reach the receptor...
...is no empty space in whole universe, all spaces exists are filled with something, in 80% of cases with hydrogen, light from the stars to reach us use hydrogen as transportation...

I guess you're referring to quantum electrodynamics / QED as being a mode of transfer for information (electrons absorbing and emitting photons). But in quantum teleportation, information is not exchanged via the interaction of light/photons and matter/electrons in the sense that it is transferred via QED. Teleportation occurs via entanglement, which in turn is now thought to occur via wormholes (Einstein–Rosen bridge).
-------
The quantum vacuum state does exist, though it does contain fluctuations of energy in the form of 'virtual particles' popping in and out of existence / particle annihilation. But I'm pretty sure the quantum vacuum does not contain hydrogen.