Thread: Ask a Scientist
View Single Post
Old 01.11.2020, 08:12
modified, reprogrammed and doctored˛

Groaned at 343 Times in 237 Posts
Thanked 18,780 Times in 9,775 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ask a Scientist

Quote:
View Post
This getting silly.

Reminds me of when I studied Physics and we shared a building with a Chemistry faculty and an Engineering faculty.

We were a small group so we all knew each other, we could always identify which strangers in the mens toilet were chemists (versus engineers) because they washed their hands first.
I read yesterday, coincidentally, that people indeed should wash their hands before and after. They also said not to press the flush with your finger tip but with your knuckle - easier to clean. Not to use the dryer either, cracks the skin and opens the door to germs.

Quote:
View Post
As the drugs are wearing off, just wondering if the genetic modification of species by man could still be considered as part of natural evolution (after all, man is a product of nature).
E.g. Is an Iceberg lettuce an example of "survival of the fittest" or simply 'survival of the crispiest'?
There is not much natural in man-designed GM food. Survival in nature is often manifested by chemicals/strategies that prevent something from being devoured? But I am looking forward to expert's opinions on this!

Btw - how are you doing?

Last edited by MusicChick; 01.11.2020 at 08:58.