View Single Post
Old 02.11.2020, 12:41
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 176 Times in 142 Posts
Thanked 1,724 Times in 844 Posts
JackieH has a reputation beyond reputeJackieH has a reputation beyond reputeJackieH has a reputation beyond reputeJackieH has a reputation beyond reputeJackieH has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UK - New travel quarantine rules

Quote:
View Post
There are no checks, remember UK has no registration. Like with taxation it's self declaration.

I am fully aware- I am saying that as far as Covid, it is just nonsense. If I am a potential risk coming from CH visiting my daughters, OH's and grandchildren- a) I am putting them at risk and b) as they continue to go to work, schools, shops- etc- everyone else too. If you have to self-isolate, it should be in totally separate accommodation without contact with anyone, for it to make sense. We personaly could not go and isolate at our own flat, as we would not be allowed to take the dog out (apartment, no garden) - so would have to rent a cottage in isolated location with direct, non human contact access to outside- and then go and visit.

Not about the Rules- but about medical common sense and fact. If people spent a bit more time trying to help control the spread of the virus rather than how to circumvent the rules and make them fit their own selfis purpose - we might not be in the mess we are in now.

Last edited by JackieH; 02.11.2020 at 13:13.