View Single Post
Old 02.11.2020, 13:10
Forum Legend

Groaned at 422 Times in 314 Posts
Thanked 19,897 Times in 10,646 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UK - New travel quarantine rules

Quote:
View Post
I am fully aware- I am saying that as far as Covid, it is just nonsense. If I am a potential risk coming from CH visiting my daughters, OH's and grandchildren- a) I am putting them at risk and b) as they continue to go to work, schools, shops- etc- everyone else too. If you have to self-isolate, it should be in totally separate accommodation without contact with anyone, for it to make sense. We personaly could not go and isolate at our own flat, as we would not be allowed to take the dog out (apartment, no garden) - so would have to rent a cottage in isolated location with direct, non human contact access to outside- and then go and visit.

Not about the Rules- but about medical common sense and fact.
Just thinking back, you had several months when you could have visited your family had you wished to do so. I believe you went on holiday yo Italy instead? Even with quarantine you could have stayed at their house, so you just did not wish to go it's very easy to make excuses. The risk to the children is about 1 in 5 million so 3 times higher than winning the lottery.
This user would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post: