Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 02.11.2020, 13:28
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 456 Times in 266 Posts
Thanked 2,826 Times in 1,280 Posts
TonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
If so, why all the fearmongering about an economic slowdown or job loses? Symptom #1 of being fine is not worrying. If other people have problems, let the people speak for themselves. Maybe other people is just fine and it's paternalist to assume they're not fine because I know better.
I am fearful for what the future brings, but I would reject the accusation of fearmonger. We are fortunate in Switzerland in that politically there is at least a voice for those who oppose lockdowns, in many places there simply isn't. This is why it is important to speak up.

Across Europe the debate at top level has rarely been whether to lockdown or not, but rather when and why it's too late. Great utilitarian leaders in times of crisis like Winston Churchill were able to take the tough decisions under pressure knowing it meant making painful sacrifices for the benefit of the majority. This trait seems to have been long forgotten.

Quote:
View Post
Maybe a thread about how to be successful in life?
Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will exalt you
This user would like to thank TonyClifton for this useful post: