Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 02.11.2020, 18:56
Forum Legend

Groaned at 339 Times in 277 Posts
Thanked 14,879 Times in 7,658 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
My son (9 yrs old) came home from school for lunch earlier today, and I guess his teacher had told the class today that one of their classmates is now staying home, on quarantine, because one of his parents is sick and has tested positive for the virus.

Mmmmph.
Ouch. I'm sorry to hear that, Pancakes. I really hope everything will be all right, fingers crossed. As far as I know schools are not covid-19 hot spots. Children, especially those under the age of 12 are less susceptible to infection than adults. Apparently once they are infected they are less likely to pass the virus on to others. Out of curiosity, did someone contact you? Have you received any official note or instructions? Did the school write any e-mail to the parents? Is someone else going to quarantine or just that one child? I think the teachers should be the focus of measures there.
I wish you and yours all the best.
The following 2 users would like to thank greenmount for this useful post: