View Single Post
Old 04.11.2020, 00:14
Forum Legend

Groaned at 276 Times in 182 Posts
Thanked 17,713 Times in 7,476 Posts
Phil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Queries on tax calculation and filing taxes

Quote:
View Post
I find it very odd that they send a declaration for the year 2020 which hasn't ended yet. I guess all the figures must all have been provisional. I suppose you fill out a final one for 2020 in 2021? I suppose in BL they want taxes in advance of the end of the tax year.
Maybe it seems odd to me because I got my first request for a tax return about 4 years after I moved here.
In Basel Land the tax payment date is before the year end, so you need to pay based on an estimate. The due date for payment has already passed. The gemeinde due date may be different from the canton to further confuse things. Federal taxes are due after 2020 so they can be done based on the calculated tax.

When I moved from BS to BL, I ended up paying 'double' tax as BS tax is paid in arrears and BL in advance so I ended up having a cash flow issue.

Having moved 8 times in Switzerland, I've been continually surprised by the differences in taxation between cantons...