Thread: Ask a Scientist
View Single Post
Old 04.11.2020, 17:22
modified, reprogrammed and doctored˛

Groaned at 343 Times in 237 Posts
Thanked 18,796 Times in 9,785 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Well, that's what I thought. If it doesn't have a seed or pit it must contain something to deter from being eaten. Often causing allergies, imho. Storage proteins often cause allergies.

As per spices - I think it was on some Brit TV last night, the spice shop and history of "purity" of spices, the spectrum analysis of how real the ingredients are (they get faked, they talked of fake curcuma, safron, etc.). Makes sense since it used to be a currency. In my humble imagination though, if it was currency, it couldn't have been only for our flakey tongues that are trainable, that aquire (or not), etc. But because they are healthy. They boost metabolism, curb depression I read somewhere, libido as well if I am not mistaken and preserve foods. Like chocolate - people get hooked because those endorphines are healthy.

Kids don't like veggies, it is because they are low on proteins as mentioned earlier. But also, veggies are"grown up foods" for them. Kids I know loved spices until they realized that they are "grown up foods". Then all went out the window and "kid food" won. For a while.

Ok, not a bright Q today but something I don't really want to google - I just ate a date (medjool), can I plant it?

We regularly plant citrus seeds to get a "surprise" when we forget about planting it.

“The only difference between a rut and a grave is a matter of depth.” S.P. Cadman

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." A. Einstein

Last edited by roegner; 04.11.2020 at 17:48. Reason: Merging consecutive posts