Thread: English Teacher
View Single Post
Old 05.11.2020, 08:12
hmonkey hmonkey is offline
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Zurich
Posts: 5
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
hmonkey has no particular reputation at present
English Teacher

I have a B permit until 2024.
I recently completed my CELTA (qualification to become an English teacher)

I have since been doing some teaching for free to build up experience.
However, I am now being offered payment from some language schools for lessons and also some online websites for lessons online.

In the past in Switzerland I was working for UBS and all taxes/pension/everything was sorted for my by the company.

However, now I have no idea how I am supposed to declare what I am earning.
Do I have to make anyone aware that I am working for various institutions/does this make me technically "self-employed"

Any help is much appreciated as I find all of this a complete minefield.
Reply With Quote