View Single Post
Old 08.11.2020, 00:46
Forum Legend

Groaned at 141 Times in 98 Posts
Thanked 9,094 Times in 3,442 Posts
slammer has a reputation beyond reputeslammer has a reputation beyond reputeslammer has a reputation beyond reputeslammer has a reputation beyond reputeslammer has a reputation beyond reputeslammer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The hereby jeebies

Quote:
Here comes one of these pragmatic inputs people don't really want to hear ....

What I know about you from your EF presence you left Malta because you wanted to see you grandchild more often in Germany. And it looked like fate agreed, you found a job ... lost it yet found an other one. But then fate kind of took off to take care of someone else while you are without job in a far too little home to feel comfortable in. So sure, you reminisce, cling to things from long ago and wonder where the good times have gone.

Well, Iīll be starting on Monday and actually itīs two of them carpet crawlers now, No2, a Grandson arrived last Monday.
I donīt think that early retirement is possible, for one I doubt that there is enough money to live comfortable, especially in Germany where there is an increasing trend for pensioners to receive supplementary benefits just to get by. And by the time I have everything together from all the countries I have lived in I will have reached the Rentenalter.
I donīt know why this wish for things that I had at one point is becoming so strong now, never used to be. If I were to be metaphysical I would say that perhaps as you get older and you feel your body deteriorating to itīs inevitable outcome, you get the urge to cling to things that held some importance to you when you were younger perhaps as a subconscious attempt to regain some of that youth back.

Or itīs early onset Alzheimers.