View Single Post
Old 08.11.2020, 14:43
Forum Legend

Groaned at 141 Times in 98 Posts
Thanked 9,098 Times in 3,443 Posts
slammer has a reputation beyond reputeslammer has a reputation beyond reputeslammer has a reputation beyond reputeslammer has a reputation beyond reputeslammer has a reputation beyond reputeslammer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Travel to Canary Islands still requires quarantine on return?

Quote:
View Post
Interesting - perhaps not everyone sees this crisis in the same way as you?
If we'd all carried on working, getting on with life, crying for those who died, burying them and carrying on like people did before the age of Twitter and generalised hysteria, then it would be nearly over now. About 0.5% of the population would have died, nearly all over 75, and hardly anyone would have lost their job or would be threatened with it. (or worse, in poorer countries)
I take it you're not a Swede, neither am I, but this last 10 months I've often wished I was. Death is part of life and cannot be banned, the attempts to do so are doing more damage than the virus. IMO keeping the economic wheels spinning is really important.
Fornicate the economy, it will recover, that is as sure as an amen in church, remember money always looks after itīs self.
It may not be YOUR economy that keeps spinning if that is what you are worried about but as a whole it will rebound, perhaps it will cut a lot of the excess baggage along the way, at least until it gets bloated beyond all reasoning again.
I donīt know, sacrifice the elderly just for the economy? I think the way we treat the most vulnerable defines us as a civilization. Casting them off when they become a burden is barbaric and no different from cultures some people would call primitive.
We are better than that.