View Single Post
Old 09.11.2020, 14:19
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 38 Times in 33 Posts
Thanked 2,464 Times in 1,200 Posts
HickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus mink scare - travel to & from Denmark banned ?

Quote:
View Post
I couldn't even read articles on the story as it makes my heart hurt too much...those poor animals.

As much as I take COVID-19 seriously, I feel that this dips into the realm of hysteria. One of my closest friends is a veterinarian, and she has spoken about how animals regularly have a variety of corona viruses - I am ignorant as to how this strain found in Denmark could prove deadly for humans, but I am sure you could find similar types of viruses in a number of animals.

We humans are so destructive...
I know, so sad. Tens of millions of innocent animals.

I guess the only mitigating factor is they were already doomed to a cruel and unnecessary death. Time to ban the fur trade. Haven't we learnt yet that getting close to wild animals is a bad idea. Its highly likely its how the crisis started - and this is already another warning signal for the next crisis.
The following 4 users would like to thank HickvonFrick for this useful post: