View Single Post
Old 10.11.2020, 11:22
Forum Legend

Groaned at 55 Times in 51 Posts
Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,822 Posts
newtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Should I buy a home or invest? I just reached 200k in savings and they are sittin

Quote:
View Post
Depending on the type of the construction a home may or may not require a lot of maintenance. My issue with property is more about the property taxes in the area (they may double or triple them you never know) and damages from flooding, bad weather or similar catastrophe.

Renting means that a few times in your life you will be homeless or near homeless and you need to beg landlords to take you in etc. Depends on the area of course.
So basically, damned if you do and damned if you don't?

Obviously if you buy badly you have problems. Same applies to renting - and there we often hear nightmare stories of landlords ignoring issues etc.

I don't understand the point about property taxes - do you have any evidence of this happening?? And the catastrophes you mention also equally apply to renting, and this is why we have insurance.