View Single Post
Old 11.11.2020, 11:57
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 43 Times in 22 Posts
Thanked 1,728 Times in 659 Posts
Talk to you later has a reputation beyond reputeTalk to you later has a reputation beyond reputeTalk to you later has a reputation beyond reputeTalk to you later has a reputation beyond reputeTalk to you later has a reputation beyond reputeTalk to you later has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus mink scare - travel to & from Denmark banned ?

Quote:
View Post
Absolutely not true. I suffer from a condition that causes severe anaemia ... I receive regular iron infusions and I still need meat to survive. I tried to be a vegetarian (and I primarily am), but ended up in the hospital with a severe scolding from medical professionals. I do believe some can live without meat products, but your blanket judgement is incorrect.

I buy all of my meat from a local farm - I spend a small fortune doing so knowing that the animal had a far better life than most farmed ones. I can admit guilt with my consumption of dairy as it is not necessary for my survival...I have tried my best to reduce it in recent years.
The fact that you need regular iron infusion indicates that your condition is most likely genetic defect related? Otherwise, should your Heme rich meat eating not have fixed it?

I know extremely active sporty people with iron/anaemia/blood oxygen level related unsolvable genetic defects doing ok on plant based diet. Could it be that you were not fully clued-up about healthy, nutritionally rich, plant based diet? Not an attack but many don't when they quit meat eating. For example, eating salads, fruits and crisps won't provide all the nutrients you need

Overwhelming majority of meat comes from mass-production factories. Like I said, if you take the life of a sentient mammal without their consent, then it does not matter if it comes from organic or non-organic farm. Does your local farmer not separate calves from their mother to harvest their milk? Does he not shove his arm up their back side to make them repeatedly pregnant? Anyway, a dead animal does not care if you paid CHF 5 or CHF100 for their flesh. Everyone is free to do whatever they want.

Your local goat herder
This user would like to thank Talk to you later for this useful post: