View Single Post
Old 11.11.2020, 12:31
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 1,242 Times in 467 Posts
Sigh has a reputation beyond reputeSigh has a reputation beyond reputeSigh has a reputation beyond reputeSigh has a reputation beyond reputeSigh has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus mink scare - travel to & from Denmark banned ?

Quote:
View Post
The fact that you need regular iron infusion indicates that your condition is most likely genetic defect related? Otherwise, should your Heme rich meat eating not have fixed it?

I know extremely active sporty people with iron/anaemia/blood oxygen level related unsolvable genetic defects doing ok on plant based diet. Could it be that you were not fully clued-up about healthy, nutritionally rich, plant based diet? Not an attack but many don't when they quit meat eating. For example, eating salads, fruits and crisps won't provide all the nutrients you need

Overwhelming majority of meat comes from mass-production factories. Like I said, if you take the life of a sentient mammal without their consent, then it does not matter if it comes from organic or non-organic farm. Does your local farmer not separate calves from their mother to harvest their milk? Does he not shove his arm up their back side to make them repeatedly pregnant? Anyway, a dead animal does not care if you paid CHF 5 or CHF100 for their flesh. Everyone is free to do whatever they want.

Your local goat herder
True, when I decided to become vegetarian I switched gradually by first removing chicken, then red meat etc. It took me a while, but allowed me to become familiar with what I need.
Vit B12 is one of those tricky things even more tricky for vegans that dont take any dairy products at all.
I have my iron, vit B levels etc checked once a year. Stopping meat has cleared a lot of problems I had such as acidity etc. Plus I am more curious to try different dishes, while when still eating meat it was easy to just order a steak
This user would like to thank Sigh for this useful post: