View Single Post
Old 11.11.2020, 16:46
Forum Legend

Groaned at 52 Times in 48 Posts
Thanked 3,797 Times in 1,730 Posts
newtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Should I buy a home or invest? I just reached 200k in savings and they are sittin

Quote:
View Post
My wife suggested Slack at IPO, thinking it is another Zoom. I read about origins of the company and in 20 minutes knew it is a bail out for original investors. Luck has nothing to do with it. If you have read that original founder failed at video game and built Slack on software leftover of that video game to bail out himself and his original investor in that dumb video venture you would have steered clear too.
There is no hindsight involved, You invest in the best in class when they IPO. How much insight one needs to conclude : Visa or GS or UPS is going public....Should I invest? Will their business model fail?
Many entrepreneurs have multiple failures, it comes with being risk takers and willing to try hard. Using your new favourite Palantir as an example, Peter Thiel failed miserably with his second company Clarion, and half of the Palantir board were with him on that venture as well.

I hope your stock forecasting is better than your premature election forecast.
This user would like to thank newtoswitz for this useful post: