View Single Post
Old 12.11.2020, 09:40
Forum Legend

Groaned at 336 Times in 275 Posts
Thanked 14,580 Times in 7,487 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Recipes Worth a try

Quote:
View Post
Anyways, you seem to not have tried baking the risotto. Maybe you should, the result is pretty good. And if nothing else you'd at least know what you're talking about.
I would have thought it's more like a Pilaf than a risotto if it's cooked in the oven...but I have never tried to cook it like that either, so.

As for making the rice for risotto easier to cook, I usually soak it in water and leave it over night. I'm guessing most people soak only the brown rice or the beens, I'm doing things a bit different lately.. I've tried with Arborio rice and the stirring time has been reduced quite a lot.
Btw, Arborio is the cheapest probably and quite good. Coop had/has it on sale usually and it's worth every penny. I personally wouldn't look for some rare and more expensive product.
This user would like to thank greenmount for this useful post: