View Single Post
Old 14.11.2020, 01:00
Forum Legend

Groaned at 90 Times in 55 Posts
Thanked 5,276 Times in 2,445 Posts
Island Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Skiing in Zermatt

Quote:
View Post
Get a ski helmet with full visor. Do not get open face ski helmet plus the goggles. Speaking from experience, there is no fogging no fiddling with goggles and straps, it is warm and wind will not bite your face.
You'll never see a ski instructor or other ski professional with a visor - take from that what you want.

Quote:
View Post
Iím sorry I have a different opinion here but when I learned to ski I was told never to do this. Of course - the number of times I have been whacked or almost been whacked by someone carrying skis like that, especially newbies! I try to keep 2m away from people carrying skis like that but in queues they tend to sneak up on me!
I teach everyone to carry their skis correctly on the shoulder.... when walking in open space..... it takes less energy as well as looking professional. When getting close to queues etc, then they come down by your side.
The following 3 users would like to thank Island Monkey for this useful post: