View Single Post
Old 16.11.2020, 12:19
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 19 Times in 13 Posts
user137 has an excellent reputationuser137 has an excellent reputationuser137 has an excellent reputationuser137 has an excellent reputation
Re: Quellensteuer plus normal tax

slightly different thing, but also a mixed situation.

my partner had Quellensteuer until 2019 August, then from September onwards we are on a C permit, so regular taxation until end of October (she didn't work in Nov and Dec).

She got the QSt deducted alright, we got the papers this year that we need to file for her (also OK), then I filed her papers in October for 2019, where they conveniently just regarded the amounts earned from September to October - so in the end she ended up paying about double the taxes owed, not being able to deduct 3a either, and the Qst apparently can't be asked back as I did not file that paper until the end of March... (even though I applied for the extension before that date when the official papers came).

It's a frustrating situation, she ended up paying about 3000 francs more than what would've been justified. Is there really no way to do a retrospective reimbursement on QSt after the deadline of 31 March the following year has passed?!