View Single Post
Old 18.11.2020, 10:37
Koik Koik is offline
Newbie 1st class
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Zürich
Posts: 19
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Koik has no particular reputation at present
Family regroupment when both are working in Switzerland

Hi y'all,

I had a good trawl around and also here but wasn't really able to find an answer.

Scenario: EU person working in Switzerland (say, B permit) and non-EU person working in Switzerland (say, L permit), want to get married in Switzerland (or elsewhere). They get married and would like to apply for family reunification for the non-EU person as it is easy in life/work with a B compared to an L (think credit cards, phone plans / non-EU work permit application craziness )

What is the actual procedure in this case? All the sources seem to mention the need for a D Visa which is applicable if they are not already in Switzerland. Does the non-EU person need to leave Switzerland and apply for a D visa from their home country? Is there a 'facilitated' route to 'swap permits' to the EU spouse's permit?

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote