View Single Post
Old 18.11.2020, 09:54
Forum Legend

Groaned at 33 Times in 29 Posts
Thanked 25,115 Times in 7,839 Posts
meloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hirslanden. Covid icu

Quote:
View Post

However, it seems like you're very concerned (who wouldn't be?!) so please talk to your doctor and see if you can set a date soon, even if it means going to a different Hirslanden clinic that might have more space. Mental health impacts physical health too.
Second this.

Do talk to the doctor who referred you to this surgeon/Hirslanden. He or she is he best person to advocate for you, to help you get priority on the schedule once the clinic is deemed safe for you, or to help you get into another clinic with capacity elsewhere in Switzerland. Is there other non-hospital monitoring your doctor can provide to help you at the moment?

I know this is so very frustrating, and certainly empathise. Many have had urgent but not immediately life threatening treatment postponed, many hospitals are in a triage situation at the moment. But please don't blame the hospital or doctors; they can only take patients up to their safe capacity and resource limits.

(If anyone is to blame, it is the selfish Covidiots out there whose refusal to follow the safety measure needed to contain this virus got us into this mess.)

I hope your referring doctor can be an advocate for you, and that you are able to have the procedure done as soon as it is safe. In the meantime, I wish you all the very best.

Last edited by meloncollie; 18.11.2020 at 13:45.
The following 2 users would like to thank meloncollie for this useful post: