View Single Post
Old 18.11.2020, 19:50
Forum Legend

Groaned at 55 Times in 51 Posts
Thanked 3,954 Times in 1,796 Posts
newtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Driving too slow in a 50 km/h zone

Quote:
View Post
I got once a police car requesting me to go faster when on Sunday morning 5:15am I drove my car 30kmh in 50 zone.. reasoning it's not safe as other cars may attempt to overtake. I agreed and continued at 30kmh - checking whenever my bike computer is calibrated accordingly to my GPS measurement.

Also what OP is saying is either his vision needs medical assistance (and I'd recommend to do anyway - as I had similar experiences back in time) or needs to inform police that visibility at that part of the road is not good enough for allowed speed.

it takes +300msec for person from noticing something on the road to hitting a breaks
50km is 14m/sec , so you'd need 4.5m alone to start breaking. full stop for 2T car is approx 12m ( I have a feeling it's less but anyway ) - you need min 17m visibility and perfect reaction time . I guess Swiss norm is 28m with visibility twice the distance so 55m for 50kmh zone.
You just completely ignored the detail of the law and most of the previous posts. 50 is the limit, not the recommended speed.

If we based speed limits on visibility distance and random stuff like things on the road, they would vary not only on every little stretch of road or corner but also by the minute depending on density of fog, cats, buses, cyclists, children etc. Of these I've actually only ever seen fog and children have their own signs and limits.
This user groans at newtoswitz for this post: