View Single Post
Old 19.11.2020, 17:50
Forum Legend

Groaned at 275 Times in 181 Posts
Thanked 17,546 Times in 7,416 Posts
Phil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I lost >70k in the stock market in less than 1 year

Quote:
View Post
Either phils house is really expensive, or his investments are excellent.

Im wondering which
house is pretty average, but expensive just because it is in switzerland.

main shares I sold were:

AMD: doubled since (after tripling since I bought)
GAW.L: up 50% since (after about doubling since I bought)
STM: up 50% since (after being up 50% since I bought)

STM, I sold the entire holding.
GAW, I sold part of the holding (later sold the remainder at double the price - something I may regret as it is a great company).
AMD: I sold part of my holding so as the remainder wasn't too big a proportion of my portfolio (it was and remains my biggest holding). i bought the bulk at $10 per share and added to it in 2020 averaging up buying at $53 (when further Intel delays confirmed) and then $76 (when new graphics line up appeared well positioned vs Nvidia).

Quote:
View Post
Next time, if you think you can beat a 3-4% yield, keep your shares and take out a Lombard loan.
Actually, I requested to pay only 10% deposit and due to a mis-understanding thought the mortgage company agreed. When this was clarified, it was too late to arrange anything else.