View Single Post
Old 19.11.2020, 21:14

Groaned at 12 Times in 6 Posts
mossie has earned the respect of manymossie has earned the respect of manymossie has earned the respect of many
Re: Ban on new petrol and diesel cars in UK from 2030 under PM's green plan

Quote:
View Post
I would love to know what you were comparing as Volvo (at least in CH) only offer hybrids or fully electric vehicles. There's nothing else in their product range any more.

In any event, the like for like hybrid to non-hybrid price difference was never as much as 20K.

Oh and your assumptions on electric are wholly wrong, as Don Molina wrote the full system efficiency of electirc is already significantly better than fossil. And as was pointed out further above (someone posted a nice link) hydrogen is significantly less efficient than battery.
Go to any Volvo garage loads to petrols still hanging about,I was comparing a hybrid to a purely petrol. It was ball park around 20K.

Hydrogen can be produced from nuclear, wind and you don’t need to cut down a forest and dig the side off a mountain to produce a battery so is much more nicer than lithium batteries that the current electric cars use.Hydrogen is the future not just for the auto industry.

If you read I was talking about the calculated C02 for manufacturing of a car not the entire life span.