View Single Post
Old 20.11.2020, 03:50
Only in moderation

Groaned at 289 Times in 228 Posts
Thanked 19,349 Times in 7,625 Posts
22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ban on new petrol and diesel cars in UK from 2030 under PM's green plan

I wonder if motorcycles are going to be included in the purge. So far there really isn't a single decent electric bike available for sale -- at least, nothing that could possibly tempt me, and I am in the market for a new bike right now. In any case, more than with any other type of vehicle, exhaust note is crucial to enjoyment and even contributes to the safety of the bike. While I'm actually quite happy to have gone electric on four wheels, I'm just not interested at all in the current two-wheeled offering.

According to this random website, the best overall electric motorcycle is that thing from Harley-Davidson. Frankly: no. Because, Harley-Davidson. But more importantly, its claimed range is around 150 km if you ride it in a spirited fashion. That should be fun on a weekend tour with your mates.

Oh, but good news: the "best premium motorcycle" is the Arc Vector. Its range is (supposedly) up to 620 km. And it looks sensational, too!

I'll take one! How much?

$110,000. For a bike. And that's before it lands in Switzerland.

And so it goes on.

I really can't see electric motorbikes usurping their ICE cousins anytime soon.