View Single Post
Old 20.11.2020, 09:34
Forum Legend

Groaned at 122 Times in 89 Posts
Thanked 6,206 Times in 3,478 Posts
jacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I lost >70k in the stock market in less than 1 year

Quote:
View Post
house is pretty average, but expensive just because it is in switzerland.

main shares I sold were:

AMD: doubled since (after tripling since I bought)
GAW.L: up 50% since (after about doubling since I bought)
STM: up 50% since (after being up 50% since I bought)

STM, I sold the entire holding.
GAW, I sold part of the holding (later sold the remainder at double the price - something I may regret as it is a great company).
AMD: I sold part of my holding so as the remainder wasn't too big a proportion of my portfolio (it was and remains my biggest holding). i bought the bulk at $10 per share and added to it in 2020 averaging up buying at $53 (when further Intel delays confirmed) and then $76 (when new graphics line up appeared well positioned vs Nvidia).

Actually, I requested to pay only 10% deposit and due to a mis-understanding thought the mortgage company agreed. When this was clarified, it was too late to arrange anything else.
Thanks for sharing your story about sold shares
We are also looking for the house but rather min 4.5 rooms with more than 100m2:

I keep ( not in particular order):

AMD
STM

and of course:

XLNX
MCHP
AD
FB
SNAP
GPRO
AMAT
ABB
MDT

I always look at the stocks of good companies as a magic pot that will grow over time faster than any other investments. There will be some losers too but thats a risk of magic pot.

“If you ain’t sold it, you ain’t lost anything.” However, I’m losing on paying the rent before we will eventually find our dream house and that sucks either way.
🎾🎾Our charity organization to help unprivileged kids to realize their dreams:
FMTF Supports Tennis For Children in Southern Africa