View Single Post
Old 21.11.2020, 11:43
modified, reprogrammed and doctored˛

Groaned at 343 Times in 237 Posts
Thanked 18,780 Times in 9,775 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Protein and Metabolism

Looks like some folks's bodies put themselves in an emergency mode when in a lot of oxydative stress (intense workouts, high intensity stress, intense fasting cycles), etc. High cortisol will make one retain podge and increase appetite, mess with insuline, metabolic imbalance, etc. Feed inflamation which will mess with what body does with proteins and block sending proteins where needed. Cortisol can increase even when we are actually trying to fix stuff with intense healthy routine and drill, because it still presents stress just in a different form. I can say that for me now (after a few years of pretty much the same routine as OP described, it was also great up to a point) mainly quality sleep, lowering the physical intensity but going for endurance with workouts and running, no extreme fasting but lower and balanced intake of particular nutrients decreases the emergency mode and puts the metabolism back into the well functioning mode. Better food (carbs are a waste of stomach space for me, really), less of it, better care of my microbiome (different food, actively blocking stress and enhancing the protein processing) instead of intense physical drill or fasts seem better now. But that's me. And a couple of close friends. And family.

“The only difference between a rut and a grave is a matter of depth.” S.P. Cadman

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." A. Einstein

Last edited by MusicChick; 21.11.2020 at 11:58.
The following 5 users would like to thank MusicChick for this useful post: