View Single Post
Old 21.11.2020, 15:41

Groaned at 8 Times in 4 Posts
hoover1 has no particular reputation at present
Re: Driving too slow in a 50 km/h zone

Quote:
View Post
You just completely ignored the detail of the law and most of the previous posts. 50 is the limit, not the recommended speed.

If we based speed limits on visibility distance and random stuff like things on the road, they would vary not only on every little stretch of road or corner but also by the minute depending on density of fog, cats, buses, cyclists, children etc. Of these I've actually only ever seen fog and children have their own signs and limits.
I guess you missed the point it was POLICE car that advised to drive faster as I may be causing risk to other users of the road. Please check the driving law of local country for yourself .

What I was also saying that speed limit can't be higher than what is allowed by visibility . In conditions like fog etc - it's driver to adjust speed to the conditions however speed limit of 50 means there is conditions that permit one to drive 50kmh. Driving slower is OK - however if you believe you cant drive 50 in given place ever due to the visibility there is than two things - either driver's vision issues or wrong speed limit is wrong.

it's not uncommon to see trees and other stuff grow over the corner of the house to block the view - and every home owner gets snail mail with reuquest to cut trees etc at specific hight and distance from the street - that may be the case of the OP driving some places - and Police is there so get an look into it (as well as to send OP for vision-check in case they believe it may be an issue).
This user would like to thank hoover1 for this useful post: