View Single Post
Old 23.11.2020, 19:32
Forum Legend

Groaned at 280 Times in 186 Posts
Thanked 18,154 Times in 7,618 Posts
Phil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Raising of maximum allowable ROI on rental property from 0.5 to 2%

Biggest regret re: property was not selling my London property at the top of the market. I got the agents in etc. and was looking to sell since the market was at the top, but in the end, I didn't have anything in mind to put the money into (I wasn't investing so heavily into share back then) and the property was cashflowing well and tax-advantaged so in the end, I didn't go through with it.

That was before Brexit and the huge drop in GBP on top of the overall weakening market. On top of that, a couple years later, the roof leaked and had pay for those costs and related hassles.