View Single Post
Old 24.11.2020, 22:14
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 32 Times in 27 Posts
Thanked 2,068 Times in 1,033 Posts
HickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: VIAC 3rd Pillar - ROI seems off

Quote:
View Post
Hi Dutch and thanks for your answer. I agree with the FX point, I completely missed that part. I am not sure though I understand what you mean by "SPY dropped...18%" Excluding Travel and Oil industry, pretty much everything else has doubled (in some cases tripled) price wise, with new ATHs. Don’t you think VIAC funds seem to be underperforming vs VTI for example which is up ~70% since March bottom.
VTI started the year at 164.98 - now its 187.61 - an increase of 13.71% in USD. SP500 is 12.30% up YTD

You are 10.38% up in CHF according to your original post - so something like 16% up in USD given the abovementioned 6% strengthening of the franc. IE you have actually overperformed both VTI and SPY - and with less volatility, generally considered a good thing (you went down less but up less).

16% in USD is a good performance.

I'm up 11.97% in CHF in my VIAC so similar - I put some in NASDAQ explaining the difference.

Last edited by HickvonFrick; 24.11.2020 at 22:34.
The following 2 users would like to thank HickvonFrick for this useful post: