View Single Post
Old 24.11.2020, 22:29

Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Dr Mick is considered knowledgeableDr Mick is considered knowledgeableDr Mick is considered knowledgeable
Re: VIAC 3rd Pillar - ROI seems off

Quote:
View Post
Hi Dutch and thanks for your answer. I agree with the FX point, I completely missed that part. I am not sure though I understand what you mean by "SPY dropped...18%" Excluding Travel and Oil industry, pretty much everything else has doubled (in some cases tripled) price wise, with new ATHs. Donít you think VIAC funds seem to be underperforming vs VTI for example which is up ~70% since March bottom.
-20% to +10% requires a ~35% price appreciation, assuming no fresh money has been added. Is that the case?
Also, your US exposure is 35% + 2/3 * 25% ~= 52%, that is, approximately half that of SPY/VTI.

Finally, and this is rather important, bear in mind that rebalancing occurs every month. How have non-US stocks performed this year?

Not everything apart from oil and travel has doubled. As an example, the STOXX Europe 600 index is down ~5% YTD in Euro (this index is overweight on banks/financials)
https://www.ishares.com/ch/individua...ts-etf-de-fund
This user would like to thank Dr Mick for this useful post: