View Single Post
Old 25.11.2020, 17:25
modified, reprogrammed and doctored²

Groaned at 343 Times in 237 Posts
Thanked 18,780 Times in 9,775 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cream cheese for Frosting?

Quote:
View Post
I'm a bit late joining this, but have just gone through the same issue, and now realise why some of my past cooking efforts have failed miserably.

As others have noted, the spreadable cheeses here seem to be made spreadable by adding water. This tends to leave things cooked with them a bit....watery.

I've gotten around this by hanging Frischkäse (I use the Migros one) in cheesecloth (available in the baby section of Migros or coop) overnight and giving it a bit of squeezing. That can easily get rid of 20 to 30 percent of the weight in water.

Obviously, this is all a bit of a fuss and only suitable for freaks. But in case there are other freaks out there, hopefully this is helpful.
I am all for a bit of a fuss and only suitable for freaks!

But, tbh, I prefer quark/séré than the alternatives, it's cheaper too. Mix in one philadelphia for firmness and there you go. I know, not fussy nor freaky, but quark is a gem. It's simple and no additives.
This user would like to thank MusicChick for this useful post: