View Single Post
Old 26.11.2020, 01:16
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 53 Times in 44 Posts
Thanked 1,389 Times in 817 Posts
Landers has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond repute
Re: C permit advantages advise

Quote:
View Post
live in the City BS, how will it affect?

When you're on tax at source, they make some assumptions about deductions you could make and when you have to declare a tax return it could be that you can't claim those deductions. Also if you have foreign income that will also go into your tax return.

Going on a C from a B when you're on less than 120k can often mean a higher tax bill. For simple cases you can search for Steuerrechner Basel Stadt and fill in an online form.

In other cantons the kanton tax rate for tax at source is an average of the gemeinde tax rates. I believe that isn't the case in BS so will make no difference in itself to the tax rate (although there might be something odd going on in Bettingen etc)

Basel-Stadt certainly ask for tax returns for B permit holders on 120k+ but it took a few years to get mine. I had no idea that wasn't a countrywide thing. BS is not a very generous canton for tax.