View Single Post
Old 26.11.2020, 12:03
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 23 Times in 23 Posts
Thanked 2,578 Times in 1,213 Posts
Axa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Can I move flats

Quote:
View Post
I recently moved to Zurich which has been positive and my flat mate is exceptional. However I am really struggling with the noise. Since joining there have been major roadworks and got a letter in post saying the building next door is going to be demolished. Work has started.

On top of this, new neighbours have moved into the flat and are quite noisy. All told it is starting to have a material impact on my quality of life. Next week I am due to work from home for the rest of the year so this is only going to get worse.

Do I have any recourse for leaving my apartment? I took over the rent from someone else, so my name is alongside the flat mate. I am not sure what the rules are. No one inspected the place when I joined so how do they assess condition if I give notice?

Would appreciate any help as I am struggling. Thank you.

And for that matter can I give notice or is it minimum year contracts in Switzerland. (Yes the fault is mine for not doing due diligence before I moved..)
Shit happens. I endured the replacement of more than a century old wastewater pipes in front of my old flat. Noise started at 7:00 sharp and the lovely guys had a coffee break from 8h00 to 9h00.....they could have had coffee and croissant at a nice place at 7h00 and start to work at 8h00 but pretending to be productive matters

The good news is that the demolition work is going to be superfast (weeks) as opposed to roadwork that can last years.

I guess the least complicate, albeit slow, way to leave is to find a replacement tenant (nachmieter).