View Single Post
Old 27.11.2020, 08:40
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 17 Times in 16 Posts
Thanked 2,376 Times in 1,049 Posts
eyebeebe has a reputation beyond reputeeyebeebe has a reputation beyond reputeeyebeebe has a reputation beyond reputeeyebeebe has a reputation beyond reputeeyebeebe has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Taxes in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
True, but SZ is generally quite cheap. So not sure the difference (which is only on municipal level) is that huge. I am in Lachen and get a bit, but not tons of pre-paid tax back. But I am also in C2N and Lachen is a bit more expensive than Freienbach.

I think the canton needs to tax these 200k singles way more to give families relief
That’s not 100% correct. The municipality of Höfe (Gemeinden Freienbach, Wollerau and Schindellegi-Feusisberg) are super low, parts of municipality March are as you say a bit higher - Altendorf and Lachen, but check out the difference between you and eg Galgenen. The rest of the canton isn’t so great. Take a look at Einsiedeln. So overall it can make quite a difference.

I looked back at when I earned around that much and can confirm that 150k is indeed the right ball park. I’ve always been on a c permit in Schwyz though, so can’t comment on any refund of withholding tax.
The following 2 users would like to thank eyebeebe for this useful post: