View Single Post
Old 28.11.2020, 00:16
Forum Legend

Groaned at 193 Times in 160 Posts
Thanked 13,306 Times in 6,938 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cream cheese for Frosting?

Quote:
View Post
I posted this on the other Cream Cheese thread.... the Migros Budget cream cheese is the best I have found by far in Switzerland. I work with cheese and I use a lot of cream cheese at my bagel bar, so I do know quite a bit about the subject!

Migros Budget brands are often very good quality, it's just that the packs tend to be larger with cheaper packaging. Their cream cheese has a slightly higher fat content than Philly, but feels lighter, fresher and has a great tang to it.
Fully agree! It is the best. Actually I did make a frosting with it a few weeks ago and it worked fine (which means something as I don't normally do frostings).
The "Rahmquark" Migros Budget is super as well! It is really worth trying the Budget products. Some are superbe. The Camembert is not - so as I said, worth checking them out.

To use GALA for frosting never would have crossed my mind. I love GALA and that's why I'm a bit worried I'd recognize it's taste and wouldn't want it on a cake. Yes, it does have a specific taste, which is why I like it. Still, worth a try.