Thread: Church bell
View Single Post
Old 30.11.2020, 08:32
Forum Legend

Groaned at 339 Times in 277 Posts
Thanked 14,901 Times in 7,667 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Church bell

Quote:
View Post
I have to put on ear defenders and/or close the doors and windows when I'm in my apartment and the bells ring but fortunately they don't ring through the night. When they go at aound 5pm that's actually not too bad because it's just before the time the neighbour gets home from work and starts chain smoking but I need to reach the door before the mains bells chime in.

They don't have to be so damn loud! I sometimse think to connect my own alarm clock to a fog horn on the balcony. No-one else is allowed to make such loud noise. No vacuuming on a Sunday but 10 minutes of deafening bell ringing is ok. The muslims and buddhists aren't allowed to have such a call to prayer. I find it an oppressive Christian action. "We're Christian here and you better know it, every day".

How dare they?
This user would like to thank greenmount for this useful post: