View Single Post
Old 30.11.2020, 12:07
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 24 Times in 24 Posts
Thanked 2,635 Times in 1,235 Posts
Axa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Can I move flats

Quote:
View Post
The whole place is pretty tired (eg the wooden floors have been there a long time), the kitchen is very old fashioned (not that I care) and there are some marks on the wall were TV was obviously mounted etc. Basically the place was tired.

I presumed that this was known etc. I did not receive anything when I moved in, except for an application form and a statement from the immobilien that I was now registered with the flat along with flatmate.

So without this inventory I guess it is their word against my word? This will be a right kicker as I have barely moved in and haven't done a single thing to the place...
Floors have a lifetime. You're not responsible if the floors have exceeded their lifetime. Same for the kitchen. Walls are only gypsum, add some water and fill the holes....probably cheaper than buying a beer in a bar. And who knows, maybe the holes were there even before your flatmate arrived.

If you did not damage anything, your deposit is safe. In the worst case you could use your 3rd party liability insurance to cover some flat damage and run away from it.