View Single Post
Old 01.12.2020, 19:43
Forum Legend

Groaned at 52 Times in 48 Posts
Thanked 3,784 Times in 1,727 Posts
newtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Can I move flats

Quote:
View Post
Two flats ago, the landlord confessed the bathtub was 60 years old. When the clothes washing machine broke down in the same flat, the landlord invited the guy running the appliances shop in town. This guy just said to the landlord: you bought me this machine 17 years ago, cannot believe it's still running. We had a good laugh and the landlord agreed to buy a new washing machine.

So, these things happen. Even if the tables consider long lifetimes, landlords keep renting until the apartments are literally falling apart.

Losing the deposit is not that common. Of course, it might happen but it should not be something preventing you from taking a decision. Other people may put more attention to documenting the state of the flat when arriving and that's it.
The enamel bath in our house was is mint condition after 45 years; I only replaced it because the bottom was too rounded to allow fitting a shower safely. I would have sold it except it didn't fit through the non-standard narrow door.

I've seen bathtubs being used as cattle troughs where I thought - "that's a classic, should be in a brocki not a field".