View Single Post
Old 02.12.2020, 00:32
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Swedeinbasel has no particular reputation at present
Advice on tenant who did not pay rent and fled to Poland

Hello Everyone,

I had a guest who originally rented my apartment on Airbnb in Basel. I rent a 2 bedroom flat and I sublet the second room to help cover the rent. The Airbnb guest stayed with me for 1 week and then said that they were getting a work contract and asked if they could sublet the apartment until December 31st. I agreed and both me and the tenant signed a legal contract. The tenant then paid me a portion of the rent and said he would get the remaining amount to me later. In the contract he agreed to give at least 15 days notice. About 2 weeks went by until he had fled the apartment without paying the remainder of the rent for the month and leaving the apartment in a general state of disarray. He still owes me 475 CHF and refuses to honor the contract he signed. I lost a significant amount of income since I blocked out the dates he was planning to stay as well. I have his personal information from Airbnb, I have his home address in Poland, as well as a copy of the signed rental contract we both signed. He is currently living in Poland but mentioned previously that he plans to come back to Bern for work. Is there anyway I can report this debt so that he cannot get his work permit or rent another apartment here? He is a total scumbag.