Thread: Pellet stoves
View Single Post
Old 02.12.2020, 07:36
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 30 Times in 12 Posts
Thanked 1,033 Times in 301 Posts
smileygreebins has a reputation beyond reputesmileygreebins has a reputation beyond reputesmileygreebins has a reputation beyond reputesmileygreebins has a reputation beyond reputesmileygreebins has a reputation beyond repute
Pellet stoves

EF'ers, seeking input please from any of you that have pellet stoves installed in your homes. I have a cast iron Italian made wood stove already in the house that I continue to rave about after 8 years, but after a recent extension, need to add additional heating, and now that the burning flames in pellet stoves have become more visually appealing, am considering that route for a circa 8kw heat output unit.

However, I keep reading in other online forums, that pellet burners are very noisy. Researching specific manufacturer sites, and their youtube promotional videos, I see many references to "quiet" operations, but ironically, am yet to find any of the "better" manufacturers of pellet stoves who haven't added a musical soundtrack over their clips of their stoves running - hmmm. And I've not yet found any decibel measures provided...

In phone calls to resellers, I'm told that quality pellet stoves aren't any noisier that a fridge, but the latter vary HUGELY in their buzz levels.

Queries across my personal network, have pellet burner owners raving, but all admit to being households that play music or TV constantly so don't really notice burner noise. Hmmm again!

Any useful input please?