Thread: Pellet stoves
View Single Post
Old 02.12.2020, 09:11
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 172 Times in 120 Posts
Thanked 4,863 Times in 1,878 Posts
Mikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pellet stoves

Quote:
View Post
We have an MCZ pellet oven in our holiday home and I can confirm that it's definitely louder than a refrigerator. It's mainly noise on days that we first go there and seriously needs to warm the house up, then it's also blowing on full speed.

Once the house is on a normal temperature, it's fine actually. The noise doesn't bother me as it is not constantly working but it's definitely not the most silent kind of a heat source
Yes same response. we also, coincidentally, have an MCZ, and if you ratchet it up it really - really - heats the room but its loud, on quiet its fine. Note that if you put it on low its quiet execpt every 15 mins or so it blows hard to clean up the half burnt ends I assume, so there is some noise even when on quiet. We use it to heat the room when in us, not on a permanent basis.
This user would like to thank Mikers for this useful post: