View Single Post
Old 02.12.2020, 10:49
Swedeinbasel Swedeinbasel is offline
Newbie 1st class
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Basel
Posts: 10
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Swedeinbasel has no particular reputation at present
Re: Advice on tenant who did not pay rent and fled to Poland

View Post
One last resort would be to contact him via registered letter saying you plan to open a case with the debt collection register, which means that if he ever plans to rent in Switzerland again he's stuck because there's a file on him. However, suggest to him that if he settles for CHF N before the end of the year then you will drop the case. Up to you to decide what it's worth based on the likelihood of him returning etc and it'll cost you < 10 francs for the letter + postage so perhaps worth a try?

Yes this is what I am trying to figure out how to file a debt collection request here in Switzerland. I realize that without him being here, I can't do anything. I have accepted that I will probably not get my money back any time soon, if at all, but I just want to make it difficult for him to get his work permit or rent another apartment here in case he decides to come back to Switzerland. Is this possible?
Reply With Quote