View Single Post
Old 02.12.2020, 11:52
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 29 Times in 29 Posts
Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,415 Posts
Axa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Advice on tenant who did not pay rent and fled to Poland

Quote:
View Post
First of all, I am allowed to rent or sublet this apartment to whoever I want. The landlord knows I use Airbnb and doesn't care. Second, I do not make any profit from renting the apartment on Airbnb. It only helps me as a student to cover roughly half the rent because it is extremely difficult to find a longterm tenant. Your comment is unhelpful. I did not break any rules with Airbnb by renting to this person off the app. Believe it or not, people actually look for longterm housing and make living arrangements that are not possible using Airbnb, and have done so before Airbnb was a thing.
If the name and signature of the guy that left are not on the rental contract with the landlord, there's not much to do.

You might start a betriebung with the contract between you and him. What happens later is uncertain. There's the possibility that the guy contests the debt collection and then you need to demonstrate the validity of the contract. At this point the landlord will just say "I know nothing, did not sign anything".

@EFers, what could happen in this scenario? From my risk-averse perspective looks like opening a can of worms.

Last edited by Axa; 02.12.2020 at 12:07.
The following 2 users would like to thank Axa for this useful post: